Be Prepared for Outages
- Fully charged cell phones, laptops and tablets.
- Car charger to charge devices if your power is out.
- Flashlight, portable radio and extra batteries.
- Hard-wired phone to report an outage or emergency. A plain, hard-wired phone can operate on power delivered through the phone line.
Warmth and Safety
- Extra blankets or a sleeping bag for each person.
- First-aid kit.
- Medications and other personal health items for each person.
Food and Water
- Emergency supply of bottled water and/or fill your bathtub with fresh water.
- Supply of convenience foods that do not require cooking. Don’t forget the can opener!
Know How to Report a Power Outage and Stay Informed
We may not know you are without power. Customers should always let us know if they are experiencing an outage, even if a neighbor has already reported it.
- To report an outage: Text OUT to 544487 (LIGHTS).
- If you’re not enrolled in text messaging, text REG to 544487 to get started.
- To receive the latest update for your reported outage: Text STAT to 544487.
To report an outage call 1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877).