Our new communication tools provide a simple and convenient way to get the most current information related to your electric service.
Learn how to:
- Receive alert notifications via email or text message
- Contact us via text messaging
- Visit us when you're on the go with our smartphone app and mobile website
- View our enhanced 24/7 Power Center outage maps
- Get personal outage information by logging into our website
- Report a power outage on Facebook
The alert service allows customers to sign up for automated email or text messages on topics including:
- Restoration updates when you have reported an outage
- Notifications of scheduled power outages
- Severe weather alerts in advance of storms
- Billing reminders, including alerts when a new bill is available, a payment is due, a payment has been posted, or no payment has been received
- Reminders to submit a meter reading
You will need to sign in to your online account, or set up an online account if you don't already have one. Message and data rates may apply.
Interactive text messaging makes it easy to report a power outage, request a status update on a reported outage, or make billing inquiries from a mobile phone.
You will need your account number to register by text message, or you can register your mobile phone by logging in to your account and updating the text & email alerts page. Message and data rates may apply.
Get started with this service by texting REG to 544487 (LIGHTS)
- REG - register for text messages
- BAL - obtain your account balance
- OUT - report a power outage
- STAT - obtain status on a report outage
- HELP - get a list of keywords and link to FAQs
- PAUSE - temporarily stop receiving alerts
- RESUME - reactivate alert
- STOP - stop current alert you received
- STOP ALL - stop all alerts
- NICK - create a nickname for your account. This may be helpful if you need to retrieve information for multiple accounts (max 12 characters, no spaces or special characters)
Our customer app and mobile website provide on-the-go access to important information and services related to your electric account.
- A simple power outage reporting process, and easy access to our mobile-optimized 24/7 Power Center outage maps
- Secure and convenient account access, where you can view and pay your bill, review electric usage or payment history, and enroll in electronic billing
(enrollment in electronic billing is required to view your entire bill statement)
- A click-to-call feature to reach our contact centers
You will be automatically connected to our mobile website when you visit www.firstenergycorp.com or any of our operating company home pages from your smartphone.
You can receive a status update on a reported outage by simply logging into your account on the full or mobile website. You can also learn about other outage activity in your area. Log in to your account here.
Our 24/7 Power Center outage maps now show individual outage locations, as well as best available estimated restoration time, and outage cause as available.
You can also stay connected with us on social media. Click here for links to our accounts on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Flickr.
We now offer an outage reporting app on our JCP&L, Met-Ed, Penelec, Penn Power and West Penn Power Facebook pages. The app is integrated with the company's automated reporting system to help ensure that outages are quickly and accurately recorded.
To submit an outage report using the Facebook app, customers are asked to enter the phone number associated with their electric account. Confirmation will be provided within the app once the outage is reported. Customers can receive status updates on reported outages by logging into their online account on our website, or using our text messaging service by texting STAT to 544487 (LIGHTS).