Our new communication tools provide a simple and convenient way to get the most current information related to your electric service.
Learn how to:
- Receive alert notifications via email or text message
- Contact us via text messaging
- Visit us when you're on the go with our responsive website
- View our 24/7 Power Center outage maps
- Get personal outage information by logging into our website
- Follow us on social media
Receive Alert Notifications Via Email or Text Message
The alert service allows customers to sign up for automated email or text messages on topics including:
- Restoration updates when you have reported an outage
- Notifications of scheduled power outages
- Severe weather alerts in advance of storms
- Billing reminders, including alerts when a new bill is available, a payment is due, a payment has been posted, or no payment has been received
- Reminders to submit a meter reading
You will need to sign in to your online account, or set up an online account if you don't already have one. Message and data rates may apply.
Alert preferences can be updated at any time. For more information, please view our frequently asked questions. Click here for terms and conditions.
Use Text Messaging to Contact Us
Interactive text messaging makes it easy to report a power outage, request a status update on a reported outage, or make billing inquiries from a mobile phone.
You will need your account number to register by text message, or you can register your mobile phone by logging in to your account and updating the text & email alerts page. Message and data rates may apply.
Get started with this service by texting REG to 544487 (LIGHTS)
Once you are registered, you can send the following commands to 544487 (LIGHTS):
- REG - register for text messages
- BAL - obtain your account balance
- OUT - report a power outage
- STAT - obtain status on a reported outage
- HELP - get a list of keywords and link to FAQs
- PAUSE - temporarily stop receiving alerts
- RESUME - reactivate alert
- STOP - stop current alert you received
- STOP ALL - stop all alerts
- NICK - create a nickname for your account. This may be helpful if you need to retrieve information for multiple accounts (max 12 characters, no spaces or special characters)
For more information, please view our frequently asked questions. Click here for terms and conditions.
Visit Us Online When You're On the Go with Our Responsive Website
Our responsive website provides on-the-go access to the important information and services related to your electric account.
The site includes:
- A simple power outage reporting process and easy access to our mobile-optimized 24/7 Power Center outage maps
- Secure and convenient account access where you can view and pay your bill, review electric usage or payment history, and enroll in electronic billing
(enrollment in electronic billing is required to view your entire bill statement)
- A click-to-call feature to reach our contact centers
Personal Outage Information
You can receive a status update on a reported outage by simply logging into your account on the full or mobile website. You can also learn about other outage activity in your area. Log in to your account here.
Our 24/7 Power Center outage maps show individual outage locations, as well as best available estimated restoration time, and outage cause as available.
Stay connected with us on social media for news, energy efficiency and electrical safety tips, and updates during major weather events. Click here for links to our accounts on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Flickr.