Appliance Turn-In Program
In light of the coronavirus health emergency we're committed to doing what's best for our customers and staff. Out of an abundance of caution, we are only collecting appliances from outside of customer residences (garage, patio, porch or behind garage) at this time. This allows our staff to safely collect and recycle your unit without physical contact with you. Thank you for your understanding.
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER Maryland.
Get $75 when you recycle your working fridge or freezer with Potomac Edison’s Appliance Recycling Program.
Plus, recycle a working air conditioner, dehumidifier or mini refrigerator along with a qualifying refrigerator or freezer and you’ll get an additional $25 per unit.
- Must be an electric customer of Potomac Edison
- You must own the appliance(s)
- Refrigerators and freezers must be 10 – 30 cu. ft., plugged in, and operating (cooling) at the time of the scheduled pickup
- Limit of two refrigerators/freezers plus up to three air conditioners/dehumidifiers/mini refrigerators per calendar year**
- Your incentive check will be mailed to you within four weeks after pickup of appliance(s)
- Please note that this is NOT an appliance replacement program. Your old appliance will be removed and recycled in an environmentally friendly manner and will not be replaced with a new appliance.
Click here*** to sign up or call 1-888-277-0528
*Savings estimated using the Refrigerator Retirement Savings Calculator provided by ENERGY STAR®. https://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=refrig.calculator
**Room air conditioners, dehumidifiers and mini refrigerators (1-9 cu. ft.) must be recycled in conjunction with a qualifying refrigerator or freezer.
***This is a link to a third-party site. The site is maintained by the third-party vendors administering these programs on behalf of The Potomac Edison Company (FirstEnergy’s Maryland utility).