For Your Business
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER Maryland.
Energy Savings for Business
Offered to Maryland commercial, industrial, governmental and institutional customers of Potomac Edison.
Small Business Solutions
- Small Busines Direct Install – Turnkey solutions for small commercial customers including LED lighting, refrigeration, and HVAC measures. Incentives can cover up to 70% of the total project cost.
Energy Solutions for Business
- Commercial New Construction - Complimentary energy design assistance and financial incentives to help offset the cost of implementing energy-efficient strategies in new construction and major renovation projects.
- RetroCommissioning (coming soon) – Conduct a deeper dive of your facility’s energy use and implement strategies to optimize building performance.
- HVAC/Building Tune Up (coming soon) – Choose from a range of comprehensive HVAC and refrigeration measures for larger commercial facilities, from basic tune-ups to advanced controls and system replacements.
- Prescriptive – Incentives include, but are not limited to lighting, lighting controls, HVAC, food service, appliances, and consumer electronics.
- Custom – Equipment: Is offered to commercial, industrial, governmental and institutional customers for retrofits and system/process improvement projects that include technologies and/or customer-specific energy efficiency projects that do not meet the eligibility criteria for other Potomac Edison business programs.
- Custom – Building Improvements: Is intended to encourage and provide a path for customers to install specialized building improvements for existing facilities to reduce energy consumption and demand by improved building energy performance.
- Instant Discounts (coming soon) – Get instant discounts on qualified lighting and HVAC products when you purchase from local participating distributors.
By participating in these energy efficiency and peak demand reduction programs, customers agree to allow their utility to retain ownership of all Capacity Rights which refers to the demand reduction associated with any energy efficiency and peak demand reduction measure for which incentives were provided by the Company. Your utility will aggregate these energy efficiency demand reduction attributes into the PJM capacity market with proceeds being used to offset the program costs.
*This is a link to a third-party site. The site is maintained by the third-party vendors administering these programs on behalf of The Potomac Edison Company (FirstEnergy’s Maryland utility).