Automatic Credit Card
With the Automatic Credit Card Payment Program, your monthly electric bill is automatically charged to your Visa®, MasterCard®, or Discover® credit or debit card no sooner than five days after the billing date listed on your electric bill. You know your electric bill is paid on time and without having to worry about writing a check, buying a stamp, or losing your payment in the mail.
With this option, you will also enjoy the benefits of eBill Electronic Billing which enables you to access your billing and account information electronically, day or night. If not already enrolled in eBill, you will be prompted to do so since participation in eBill is mandatory for participation in the Automatic Credit Card Payment Program.
- By participating in eBill you will no longer receive paper bills through the mail.
- The company, ePay Preferred, is the third party with whom FirstEnergy Service Company has contracted on behalf of your utility company to provide you the Automatic Credit Card Payment Program. Please note that the ePay Preferred site may contain links to other sites and that FirstEnergy Corp., its subsidiaries and affiliates do not control these sites nor is it responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites.
- Free enrollment. There are no service fees associated with the Automatic Credit Card Payment Program.
- Currently the automatic credit card program is available to residential customers only.
- If you have multiple accounts enrolled in this program, each account will need to be updated individually. Additional accounts can be selected from the drop down list on My Account, then click View.
- Please allow 2-3 business days to set up your enrollment on your account. Once your account is set up, the service will take effect with your next monthly billing.
- Please use your existing payment method to pay any balances currently due.
- If you are an existing Checkless Payment Plan customer, your enrollment in the Automatic Credit Card Payment Program will be set up after any current balance due is submitted for payment using your existing payment method on the due date.
- If you are currently enrolled in the program and are updating or canceling your enrollment, your changes will take effect immediately.
How to Enroll, Update or Cancel
In order to enroll, update or cancel your automatic credit card enrollment, log into your online account. On the My Account page, under the Billing & Payment Options, select the Enroll/Update/Cancel link. You will click on the Enroll, Update, or Cancel button which will take you to the ePay Preferred website to cancel your enrollment.