Never go near a downed power line.
Review more important safety information here
Reporting your outage helps us pinpoint damage and restore power more quickly. You can do this several ways:
- Report an outage online here
- Call 888-LIGHTSS (888-544-4877)
- Download our free smartphone app or visit our mobile website from your phone
- Report your outage via text message; get started by texting REG to 544487.
More information about our app, text messaging, and related services can be found on our communication tools page.
- View/report power outages on our 24/7 Power Center maps
- If you have a communication disability, you can contact us through the appropriate text telephone (TTY/TDD) relay service.
FirstEnergy's operating companies begin preparing for potential outages long before severe weather hits.
Touching a live power line can cause serious injury or death. You can't tell by looking whether a line is "hot" or not.
- Please report a downed line to us immediately by calling 1-888-544-4877 (1-888-LIGHTSS)
- Read more about staying safe around downed power lines
- Understand how to use a backup generator safely
Prepare for power outages before they happen by reviewing these tips:
- Do you know what to do if you lose power? Is your neighborhood dark, or just your house? This checklist will help you quickly assess your outage.
- What do you need to manage through an outage? Review this list of items to keep on-hand. They can help you get through an outage safely and comfortably.
- Take these precautions to safeguard your family, your home, and your property.
- You can also review this pdf for preparedness information, safety reminders, and an overview of our restoration process: Be Prepared for a Power Outage
- When major outages occur, get information about restoration efforts through our news releases, social media, and storm information page.
- You can also use our new text messaging service, mobile website or smartphone app to report an outage and get more information, and sign up for our email and text message alerts for updates and notifications
Still need help?
Contact us with your questions.