Receive $50 when you recycle your fridge or freezer with FirstEnergy’s Pennsylvania utilities Appliance Recycling Program.
Have an older, working fridge or freezer using energy in your garage or basement? While it may provide additional storage, it’s not worth the additional cost on your electric bill. By recycling your old appliance, you can save over $100* per year in energy costs, and we’ll give you $50! We make it easy for you to save the environment… and add money in your wallet.
Plus, recycle a working air conditioner, dehumidifier, or mini refrigerator along with a qualifying refrigerator or freezer and you’ll receive an additional $25*** per unit.
Click the “Schedule Now” button or call the phone number below to schedule a pick up.
or call 1-888-277-0527
- Must be an electric customer of FirstEnergy’s Pennsylvania utilities
- You must own the appliance(s)
- Refrigerators and freezers must be 10 – 30 cu. ft., plugged in, and operating (cooling) at the time of the scheduled pickup
- Limit of two refrigerators/freezers plus up to three air conditioners/dehumidifiers/mini refrigerators per calendar year**
- Your incentive check will be mailed to you within four weeks after pickup of appliance(s)
- Please note that this is NOT an appliance replacement program. Your old appliance will be removed and recycled in an environmentally friendly manner and will not be replaced with a new appliance.
Appliance Recycling for Secondhand Retailers
Turn your oldest inventory into cash with FirstEnergy’s Pennsylvania utilities’ Appliance Recycling Program. To participate, you’ll set aside any older working refrigerators or freezers, then FirstEnergy will pick them up and pay your store $50 per appliance as an incentive for participating.
- $50 per working refrigerator or freezer
- Pickup and haul-away at no additional charge
- Environmentally responsible recycling
Retailers must be located within FirstEnergy’s service territory in Pennsylvania to qualify.
To find out more or to enroll in FirstEnergy’s Pennsylvania utilities’ Appliance Recycling Program Retail Program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on where to locally recycle appliances and electronics not eligible for this program, please visit Earth911.com
The costs of energy efficiency programs are recovered through customer rates in accordance with Pennsylvania Act 129 of 2008. For a complete list of commercial, industrial, residential and low income energy efficiency programs, please visit www.energysavePA.com.
We're committed to doing what's best for our customers and staff. We are able to safely collect your appliances from outside of your residence (garage, patio, porch or behind garage) at your request. This allows our staff to safely collect and recycle your unit without physical contact with you.
*Savings estimated using the Refrigerator Retirement Savings Calculator provided by ENERGY STAR®. https://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=refrig.calculator
**This is a link to a third-party site. The site is maintained by the third-party vendors administering these programs on behalf of Met-Ed, Penelec, Penn Power, and West Penn Power (FirstEnergy’s Pennsylvania utilities).
***Room air conditioners, dehumidifiers, and mini refrigerators (1-9 cubic ft.) must be recycled in conjunction with a qualifying refrigerator or freezer.