We're committed to doing what's best for our customers and staff. We are able to safely collect your appliances from outside of your residence (garage, patio, porch or behind garage) at your request. This allows our staff to safely collect and recycle your unit without physical contact with you.
Get $75 when you recycle your working fridge or freezer with Potomac Edison’s Appliance Recycling Program.
Have an older, working fridge or freezer hogging energy in your garage or basement? While it may provide additional storage, it’s not worth the additional cost on your electric bill. By recycling your old appliance, you can save over $100* per year in energy costs, and for a limited time we’ll give you $75! We make it easy for you to save the environment… and your wallet.
Plus, recycle a working air conditioner, dehumidifier or mini refrigerator along with a qualifying refrigerator or freezer and you’ll get an additional $25 per unit.
Click the “Schedule Now” button or call the phone number below to schedule a pick up.
- Must be an electric customer of Potomac Edison
- You must own the appliance(s)
- Refrigerators and freezers must be 10 – 30 cu. ft., plugged in, and operating (cooling) at the time of the scheduled pickup
- Limit of two refrigerators/freezers plus up to three air conditioners/dehumidifiers/mini refrigerators per calendar year**
- Your incentive check will be mailed to you within four weeks after pickup of appliance(s)
- Please note that this is NOT an appliance replacement program. Your old appliance will be removed and recycled in an environmentally friendly manner and will not be replaced with a new appliance.
For information on where to locally recycle appliances and electronics not eligible for this program, please visit Earth911.com
EmPOWER Maryland programs are funded by a charge on your energy bill. EmPOWER programs can help you reduce your energy consumption and save you money. Learn more about EmPOWER Maryland.
*Savings estimated using the Refrigerator Retirement Savings Calculator provided by ENERGY STAR®. https://www.energystar.gov/index.cfm?fuseaction=refrig.calculator
*Room air conditioners, dehumidifiers and mini refrigerators (1-9 cu. ft.) must be recycled in conjunction with a qualifying refrigerator or freezer.
**This is a link to a third-party site. The site is maintained by the third-party vendors administering these programs on behalf of The Potomac Edison Company (FirstEnergy’s Maryland utility).