Appliance Turn-In Program
FirstEnergy’s Ohio utilities will pick up and recycle your old refrigerator or freezer and you’ll get $50.
Getting rid of your old fridge or freezer couldn’t be easier. We’ll pick up and recycle your old fridge or freezer and you’ll get $50. Plus you can save up to $150 a year in reduced energy costs. Recycle a working room air conditioner or dehumidifier along with a qualifying refrigerator or freezer and you’ll get an additional $25 per unit.
- Must be an electric customer of FirstEnergy’s Ohio utilities
- You must own the appliance(s)
- Refrigerators and freezers must be 10 – 30 cu. ft., plugged in, and operating (cooling) at the time of the scheduled pickup
- Limit of two refrigerators/freezers plus up to two room air conditioners/dehumidifiers per calendar year*
- Your incentive will be mailed to you 4-6 weeks after pickup of appliance(s)
Click here** to sign up or call 1-855-485-7463
Costs of these programs may be recovered through customer rates in accordance with Ohio law. For a complete list of commercial, industrial, residential and low income energy efficiency programs, please visit www.energysaveOhio.com
*Room air conditioners and dehumidifiers must be recycled in conjunction with a qualifying refrigerator or freezer.
**This is a link to a third-party site. The site is maintained by the third-party vendors administering these programs on behalf of Ohio Edison, Toledo Edison and The Illuminating Company (FirstEnergy’s Ohio utilities).