Customer Referral Program
The Customer Referral Program is designed to encourage shopping in select Pennsylvania territories. This program offers a 12-month fixed price that is set at 7% below the EDC’s current Price-To-Compare. It is offered to West Penn Power, Penn Power, Met-Ed and Penelec non-shopping residential and small commercial customers.
The Customer Referral Program provides customers with a 12-month fixed price that will be set at 7% below the EDC’s current Price-To-Compare default service rate at the time of enrollment. There are no early termination fees, the customer has the right to drop out of the program at any time during their 12 month contract without penalty. If a supplier suspends participation, it must continue to serve the customers already signed up.
How Does It Work?
When a customer calls into the FirstEnergy Contact Center, for a move-in, high billing question, or a question on Energy Choice, and are eligible, they will be offered the Customer Referral Program. If the customer decides to participate in this program, he/she will be transferred to our third party vendor to select a supplier from one of the participating suppliers. If the customer doesn’t have a specific supplier in mind, a supplier will be randomly be selected for the customer through a round robin selection.
- Must be a registered third-party supplier for the territory in which they would like to participate (ME, PN, PP and/or WP). https://www.firstenergycorp.com/content/fecorp/supplierservices/pa/me_pn/supplier_registration.html https://www.firstenergycorp.com/content/fecorp/supplierservices/pa/pp/supplier_registration.html https://www.firstenergycorp.com/content/fecorp/supplierservices/pa/wpp/supplier_registration.html
- Assume load responsibility for all assigned customers in the same manner as any other customer.
- Accept and enroll all referred customers into the Customer Referral Program (CRP).
- Send the welcome packet to the customers at least 3 days prior to transmitting an EDI 814 enrollment transaction to the EDC.
- The welcome packet shall include the disclosure statement.
- Utilize a rate ready bill method with specific rate codes for Customer Referral Program customers. Supplier Communication Details Form CR Rates By Quarter
- Customers must remain on the rate for 12 billing periods.
- The rate is determined in quarter that the vendor quotes the rate to the customer not when they enroll (this information can be found in the FTP file). FTP
- The supplier must complete and sign the contract and return it at least 60 days prior to the start of the quarter they wish to participate in. This contract does not need to be completed each time as long as nothing changes. If the supplier totally withdraws for any quarter, the supplier will need to complete a new contract to participate. Contract
- Each quarter, a supplier must submit an Appendix C if adding any new operating companies to a previously submitted contract. If a supplier has previously participated in the Company’s Customer Referral Program and wishes to provide intent to participate in an upcoming quarter, Appendix C must be received by the Company 30 days prior of intent to enroll new customers. If a supplier has not previously participated in the Company’s Customer Referral Program and wishes to provide intent to participate, Appendix C must be received by the Company 60 days prior of intent to enroll new customers. Appendix C
- Notice of a supplier’s intent to suspend participation in the program must be given at least 30 days prior to the desired effective suspension date. If a supplier suspends participation, it must continue to serve the customers already signed up. Appendix C
- Participating suppliers will be invoiced monthly. Any accepted enrollment sent with the “Customer Referral” rate will be charged $30.00 per enrollment. If supplier bills are not paid within 30 days, Purchase of Receivables (POR) will be withheld. See the Supplier Tariffs for more information. https://www.firstenergycorp.com/content/customer/customer_choice/pennsylvania/pennsylvania_tariffs.html