Report Tree Problem
If you believe a tree is growing too closely to one of our power lines, we can assess the situation and determine if the tree needs attention before the next scheduled trimming. This form can also be used to report an issue relative to recently completed tree work. View the types of vegetation management we provide.
Please do not work on trees near power lines. Your safety is important to us.
- Maintain wires on a scheduled basis only.
- Review trees for selective pruning and removal - Work is completed around wires only.
- Clean up debris during normal maintenance. Will chip all the branches and rake the work area, but will leave wood over 4 inches in diameter for home owners use or disposal.
- Treat trees and brush with herbicides to control unwanted vegetation.
- Make every reasonable attempt to notify the property owner that the work will be completed. Although we do not seek permission to do the trimming we do try, where possible, to involve the property owner.
FirstEnergy WILL NOT:
- Trim for streetlight illumination or private outdoor area lights.
- Clean up debris during storm work. The priority is removing limbs from the wires and we do not clean up the debris.
- Prune trees for private contractors without determining first whether or not to issue a charge based on the circumstances.
- Prune trees for phone or cable lines.
Occasionally, trees are planted in unsuitable areas. For fast-growing trees like silver maples, willows and sycamores, the repeated trimmings required to keep limbs clear of power lines increase tree decay and make trees more susceptible to disease. When these types of trees are placed directly under or near power lines, removal is the best solution.
If a customer would like a tree removed and the tree is located between a utility pole and the customer’s home, we will need to disconnect the service. Service fees may apply. The homeowner will be responsible for the actual tree removal. Please call us for specific details about your tree and power lines.
A safety hazard is any condition that poses an immediate risk to the public, and can include:
- Downed wires that may be sparking, smoking or near water
- Downed poles
- Trees that have fallen on power lines
Your session expired due to an extended period of inactivity. For security reasons, the information you have entered was not saved. Click OK to begin your Report Tree Problem request.