What is FirstEnergy's Speakers Bureau?
FirstEnergy’s Speakers Bureau comprises knowledgeable and experienced employee volunteers who conduct informative presentations on key issues facing our company and industry. As company ambassadors, they offer audiences helpful information on topics such as electrical safety and producing electricity in an environmentally sound manner. Presentations are made to civic groups and customers where we do business (Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia, Maryland and New York).
Are the presentations free?
Speakers Bureau services are offered free of charge to civic organizations such as local Rotary and Kiwanis clubs, as well as chambers of commerce and consumer groups. We ask that at least 25 people be present at your meeting. Speakers are not available for elementary or high school groups.
What presentations are offered?
We offer nine presentations:
- Keeping Safe Around Electricity
- Benefits of Competitive Energy Markets and Customer Choice
- Electricity and the Environment
- Electricity from Nuclear Energy
- Energy Efficiency
- Restoring Power after Damaging Storms
- Smart Meters (available in Pennsylvania)
- Powering Ohio’s Progress - Our Ohio Utilities’ Electric Security Plan IV
- Electricity: Bringing Good Energy to Everyday Life
What is the presentation format?
Presentations are in PowerPoint format, approximately 20 minutes in length, include a brief description of FirstEnergy, and conclude with a 10-minute Q&A period.
How do I request a speaker?
- Please send us an email
- Please make the subject line of your email: Speaker Request
- In the request, please include the following information:
Your phone number
Meeting place street address
Meeting city and ZIP code
Audience size (minimum of 25 attendees)
The topic your group is interested in hearing about
A FirstEnergy representative will call you to discuss your request, or you may request a speaker by calling Carol J. Suderow (330) 384-5814.
Last Modified: June 4, 2014