Solar Accommodation Map
Solar Accommodation Map, commonly referred to as Hosting Capacity Map, are available for Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) distribution circuits to help guide developers to locations that may be able to accommodate commercial or utility scale photovoltaic generation location. Values on the map are to be used as guidance only; developers are still required to submit a complete application to be reviewed before construction.
- The electric grid is made up of many individual electrical circuits.
- There is a limit to the amount of power – including the electricity generated by a solar system – that an electric circuit can safely and reliably accommodate.
- The map represents an estimate of the feasibility of locating a solar system at locations across JCP&L’s system. The map should not be used for other purposes.
- All systems are required to be submitted on a fully completed application for comprehensive technical review through the established interconnection process.
- A location showing available solar accommodation does not guarantee approval without required system upgrades.
- Values may change at any time.
- The map is updated with available information at the time of update.
- Applications in the queue take up capacity.
- Service transformer, service conductors, or other infrastructure upgrades may be required and are not part of the analysis.
- One-phase or two-phase sections may have lower accommodation limits than indicated on the map. Networked distribution feeders are not mapped.
- The technological, legal, and regulatory considerations that apply to interconnection of solar generation and other distributed energy resources are complex and constantly evolving.
- The information presented on this map was accurate in all material respects as of August 2022. However, FirstEnergy, JCP&L, and their affiliates cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information found on this map. Please seek appropriate technical, operational, financial, and legal advice before proceeding.
- Applications will still be accepted on circuits mapped with no available capacity remaining. Level 1 applications may still be approved. Larger applications will require significant system upgrades paid by the applicant.
Search Hosting Capacity Map
Click the Search button below and enter the ZIP Code or address to find the electrical feeders near you.
The dots on the map represent the estimated accommodation limit for that location. When clicking on the dot, a single value will be provided in the pop-up box.