For a New Business, Location is Everything
FirstEnergy’s Ohio, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, West Virginia and Maryland service territory stretches from the Ohio-Indiana border to the Atlantic shore, providing strategic access to Chicago, New York City and large population centers in the Midwest and Northeast. The corridor offers:
- Availability of highly skilled labor force
- Favorable tax structure
- Access to world-class educational institutions
- A diverse and low cost quality of life
- Ample electric and water
- Nearly two-thirds of the U.S. population within 500 miles and an excellent transportation system
- Top telecommunications hub
Site Selection Services
FirstEnergy includes one of the nation’s largest investor-owned electric system. Learn how our Economic Development staff can assist with all aspects of your business location, including:
- Permitting and regulations
- Site Data
- International trade opportunities
- Electricity, natural gas and energy management
- Mechanical and electrical contracting
LocationOne sites and buildings database — search on your project space and acreage requirements.
FirstEnergy provides expert help to get the best energy value that can make your choice a success.
For more information and to get started on your path to success, please contact us.
Economic Development Department
76 South Main Street
Akron, OH 44308