Lincoln Park-Riverbend 138-kV Transmission Line Project (Case No. 19-1871-EL-BTX)
Lincoln Park-Riverbend 138-kV transmission line project proposes to construct an approximately 6-mile long 138-kV transmission line that will extend from the existing Lincoln Park Substation to the existing Riverbend Substation. The Lincoln Park Substation and Riverbend Substation are proposed to be expanded to facilitate the installation of new equipment. The project will be located in Mahoning County, Ohio, and is needed to improve the reliability of electrical service to the area. Specifically, the project will reduce the risk of a regional outage, improve voltage stability in the area, and allow for future load growth as new businesses and homes are built.
- Fact Sheet
- Application filed with the Ohio Power Siting Board
- Lincoln Park-Riverbend Wetland Delineation Report filed with OPSB
Virtual Public Information Session
- Public engagement and feedback is an important part of the project. We invite you to view an update on the project through our online presentation.
Public Information Meeting
The purpose of public informational meeting is to explain the proposed project and to seek input from the community.
An open house was hosted by FirstEnergy and its operating companies on:
Tuesday, November 12, 2019
6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Tyler Mahoning Valley History Center
325 W Federal Street
Youngstown, Ohio 44502
Mapping presented for discussion at the public information meeting:
- Lincoln Park - Riverbend Interactive Map
- Lincoln Park - Riverbend 138-kV Transmission Line Project Overview Map
- Lincoln Park - Riverbend 138-kV Transmission Line Project Arial Map
A paper copy of the application can be supplied within 5 business days upon request at no more than the cost or printing and shipping. Request for a paper copy can be made by contacting the transmission project hotline at 1‐888‐311‐4737 or by email (email@example.com). The project name and case number (19-1871-EL-BTX) should be referenced in all communications.
Questions or comments may be directed to the FirstEnergy transmission projects hotline at 1‐888‐311‐4737 or via email. Please reference the “Lincoln Park-Riverbend 138-kV Transmission Line Project” in all communications.