Be in the Know
Alerts can help you stay connected
Sign up for automated email or text messages to stay informed about your electric service:
- Restoration updates when you have reported an outage
- Notifications of scheduled power outages
- Severe weather alerts in advance of storms
- Billing and payment reminders
- Reminders to submit a meter reading
Ready to get started?
Message and data rates may apply. Alert preferences can be updated at any time by logging in, then using the Manage My Account tool. For more information, please view our frequently asked questions. Click here for terms and conditions.
Use Text Messaging to Contact Us
Interactive text messaging makes it easy to report a power outage, request a status update on a reported outage, or make billing inquiries from a mobile phone. Message and data rates may apply.
Texting REG to 544487 (LIGHTS) to get started.
If your account number is not already registered with us, you will be prompted for your account number. You can also register your mobile phone by logging in to your account and updating the text & email alerts page.
Once you are registered, you can send the following commands to 544487 (LIGHTS):
- REG - register for text messages
- BAL - obtain your account balance
- OUT - report a power outage
- STAT - obtain status on a report outage
- HELP - get a list of keywords and link to FAQs
- PAUSE - temporarily stop receiving alerts
- RESUME - reactivate alert
- STOP - stop current alert you received
- STOP ALL - stop all alerts
- NICK - create a nickname for your account. This may be helpful if you need to retrieve information for multiple accounts (max 12 characters, no spaces or special characters)