Whether you're working on a school project, or just want to learn more about the environment, these websites might be helpful.
- Great Lakes Information Network*
- Heartland - Environmental Corner*
- The Nature Conservancy*
- Resources for the Future*
Energy utility sites
Government and EPA sites
- Delaware River Basin Commission (DRBC)*
- Maryland Department of the Environment*
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection*
- Ohio Department of Natural Resources*
- Ohio Environmental Protection Agency*
- Ohio River Valley Water Sanitation Commission (ORSANCO)*
- Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection*
- Susquehanna River Basin Commission (SRBC)*
- US Army Corps of Engineers*
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency*
- USEPA Region II*
- USEPA Region III*
- USEPA Region V*
- US Fish & Wildlife Service*
- US Government Printing Office*
- West Virginia DEP*
Other useful links
- Cleveland Metro Parks*
- Electric and Magnetic Fields and Your Health*
- FirstEnergy Coal Combustion Residual (CCR) Compliance Data and Information
- National Cancer Institute*
*By clicking these links, you are leaving the FirstEnergy website and entering a website maintained by an outside party. They are entirely responsible for the content of their websites.
On September 4, 2018, FirstEnergy published the Edison Electric Institute’s (EEI) environmental, social, governance, and sustainability-related (ESG/sustainability) reporting template. FirstEnergy is voluntarily participating in this EEI-led initiative to help provide the investment community with more uniform and consistent ESG/Sustainability data and information.
The EEI ESG/Sustainability Reporting template includes both a qualitative and quantitative section. The qualitative section highlights FE’s ESG governance, as well as ESG plans and progress, while the quantitative section includes data on FE’s portfolio, emissions, capital expenditures, and resources.
FirstEnergy recently responded to the 2018 CDP Climate and CDP Water disclosures, and plans to publish additional ESG materials in 2019, including a Climate Risk Report and an updated Sustainability Report.