November 2, 2012 - 5 a.m. update.
Akron, Ohio – Crews are working around the clock to restore power to FirstEnergy (NYSE: FE) customers in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio, West Virginia and Maryland who remain without power following Hurricane Sandy.
As of 5 a.m., the current FirstEnergy outage totals by utility include:
- Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L) – more than 760,000 customers
- Metropolitan Edison (Met-Ed) – more than 66,000 customers
- The Illuminating Company (CEI) – more than 64,000 customers
- Mon Power – more than 68,000 customers
- Potomac Edison – more than 18,000 customers
FirstEnergy customer call centers are fully staffed. To report an outage, customers should call
1-888-LIGHTSS (1-888-544-4877). Customers also should immediately report downed wires to their electric company or local police or fire department. Always assume downed wires are carrying electricity, and keep children and pets away from downed wires.
For updated information on FirstEnergy's current outages, storm restoration process and tips for staying safe, visit the 24/7 Power Center at www.firstenergycorp.com/outages.
News Media Contacts:
Ron Morano – JCP&L
Todd Meyers – Potomac Edison
Patti Michel – Mon Power
Jennifer Young – CEI
Scott Surgeoner – Met-Ed
/PRNewswire -- Nov. 2, 2012/