New Jersey is home to many of the nation’s leading firms in telecommunications, biotechnology, pharmaceutical, electronics, financial services and shipping. The state has long been a center of research and innovation, due to its central location, excellent communication and transportation facilities, highly educated workforce and exceptional quality of life.
- Population: 5.9 million in service territory
- Labor Force: 3.1 million
- Industry: 236,399 establishments
- 60 million consumers within reach by overnight delivery
- Hub of the most modern telecommunications network in the world
- 17 freight railroads operating 1,582 miles of track (including trackage rights)
- Newark International Airport and Atlantic City International Airport
- New York and Philadelphia international airports within easy access
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey (third largest port in North America; it moves almost half of all North Atlantic cargo)
- Metropolitan-based ports on the Hudson and Delaware rivers
- Major East-West Highways: I-76, I-78 and I-195; Major North South highways: NJ Turnpike/I-95, Garden State Parkway with hubs in Newark and Trenton, NJ
Electric power is provided to FirstEnergy Corp’s New Jersey service area by Jersey Central Power & Light (JCP&L).
FirstEnergy’s local Economic Development staff knows the area and business. Our presence here has allowed us to establish good working relationships with international, national, state and local economic development agencies and professionals. Please contact us for assistance and introductions.