Beaver-Wellington 138 kV Transmission Line Project, OPSB Case No. 20-0004-EL-BTX
The project is necessary to provide a second independent 138-kV source into the Wellington Substation and increase reliability and operational flexibility of the 138-kV and 69-kV systems in the area. The addition of the new 138-kV transmission line connection to the Wellington Substation creates a networked system. The 138-kV networked system configuration will allow for improved system reliability performance, restoration options, and flexibility with scheduled maintenance to reduce impact on transmission and distribution customers. The project will also mitigate potential low voltage conditions that impact customers located on the Wellington and Brookside 69-kV systems in the event of an outage on the existing radial 138-kV transmission line. Finally, the Beaver-Wellington 138-kV transmission line will provide additional capacity for future load growth and economic development in the area.
- Fact Sheet
- Beaver-Wellington Overview Map
- Application filed with the Ohio Power Siting Board
- Brownhelm Wetland Delineation Report filed with OPSB
- Wellington Wetland Delineation Report filed with OPSB
A paper copy of the application can be supplied within 5 business days upon request at no more than the cost of printing and shipping. Request for a paper copy can be made by contacting the transmission project hotline at 1‐888‐311‐4737 or by email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The project name and case number (20-0004-EL-BTX) should be referenced in all communications.
Local Public Hearing
A local public (non-adjudicatory) hearing will be held Wednesday, September 29, 2021, at 6:00 p.m. at the below location. At this meeting, the Board shall accept written and oral testimony from the public.
Wellington High School
629 North Main Street
Wellington, Ohio 44090
An evidentiary (adjudicatory) hearing will be held Monday, October 18, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. at the below location.
Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
Hearing Room 11-B
180 East Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43215-3793
Virtual Public Information Session
- Public engagement and feedback is an important part of the project. We invite you to view an update on the project through our online presentation.
- An interactive map can be used to find your property in relation to the overall project by using your name, address or tax parcel identification number. ATSI encourages you to use this tool to explore the project and how it relates to your property.
- Comments will be accepted through August 14, 2020. Please complete the comment card and email to email@example.com.
- If you have additional questions or would like to schedule an individual meeting, please contact us at
Public Information Meetings
- An Open House (1 of 2) was held from 6 – 8 p.m. January 7, 2020, at the Brownhelm Town Hall located at 1940 North Ridge Rd, Vermillion, OH 44089, to review the project and to provide an opportunity for public input.
- An Open House (2 of 2) was held from 6 – 8 p.m. January 8, 2020, at the Wellington High School Dining Hall located at 629 N Main St, Wellington, OH 44090, to review the Project and to provide an opportunity for public input.
Questions or comments may be directed to the FirstEnergy transmission projects hotline at 1‐888‐311‐4737 or via email. Please reference the “Beaver-Wellington 138-kV Transmission Line Project” in all communications.